Diploma in Networking
The NETPLUS College Networking program was designed for people who have little or no computer knowledge or experience who want to embark on an exciting new career in the computer networking IT Sector. Successful graduates from the program will have specialization in the implementation, administration and support of networking systems with state-of-the-art training in Voice Over IP (VOIP) Telephone Communications Technology.
This is an accelerated training program designed to quickly prepare students to enter the emerging field of computer networking and VOIP Technology. Self-employment and full-time job opportunities are available for this profession throughout Canada, the United States, and around the world. Canadian citizens who are receiving Federal
Employment Insurance, Provincial Social Assistance or other forms of government income assistance may qualify for full or partial funding for this program.
- State-of-the-art facilities, technology and computer equipment. Learn what is in demand in the market today to prepare for your future employment tomorrow.
- Job placement assistance and support. After you graduate, our professional Counselors help you create your resume prepare for interviews and find employment.
- Industry experienced training instructors. We provide 100% hands-on training by persons that have real-world job experience in the industry.
- Internationally recognized. If you are a Foreign Student searching for Canadian education, prestigious diploma which will be fully recognized anywhere in the world.
On successful completion of this course students will have gained the knowledge and skills required to install and maintain LAN’s, network equipment, hardware and software and VOIP Telephone Systems. Specific job skills include:
- Implementing, managing and supporting VOIP enabled network information systems.
- Resolving Network Issues Independently.
- Installing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting network servers. Building and maintaining microcomputers and peripherals used in the network.
- A complete understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems, the Linux operating system, Sun Solaris operating system, How to manage network operating systems on a day-to-day basis.
- Installing, configuring and upgrading Network Server Operating Systems.
- Ensuring security and integrity of local networks and Wide Area Network.
- Implement and maintain Internet, intranet and extranet networks.
- Provide and maintain technical documentation for maintenance and resolution of network issues.
- Remote Access Networks
- Advanced Switching Technologies
- Advanced UNIX Commands
- Fundamentals of UNIX
- Internet and Network Communications
- Networking Fundaments and Security
- Red Hat Linux Essentials
- Advanced Routing Technologies
- Routing and Switching
- Securing Cisco Network Devices
- TCPIP Networking
- Windows Desktop Support
- Wireless LAN & Site Survey
- Windows Networking Environment and Security
At the conclusion of this full time study course, students will be required to take professional certification exams. Once a student passes the tests, they will have CCNA, CCNP, UNIX and MCSA professional certifications in addition to their graduation certificate. The Networking Diploma training program permits students to take courses in any order and provides them with the flexibility to customize their training program where courses are available. Students will graduate when all courses have been completed having received a passing grade, all professional examinations have been passed, and all required class projects are successfully completed. Students may also take both part time and full time courses to shorten the time it takes to graduate from the program.
The following is a list of the books and/or course materials required by the student for this training program:
- ISBN 0-471-80872-5 Data Communications & Networks
- ISBN 0-471-77273-9 Network Routing Basics
- ISBN 0-7645-4378-4 Beginning Red Hat Linux 9
- ISBN 0-471-22474-x Wireless Local Area Networks
- ISBN 0-7645-4872-5 TCP/IP Bible
- ISBN 0-7821-4374-1 Network Security Foundations
- ISBN 0-7821-4179-x Mastering Red Hat Linux 9
- ISBN 0-471-78929-1 MCDST Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician Study Guide (Deluxe Edition)
Depending on the options you choose when you enroll, the cost of books and/or course materials may be fully or partially covered as part of your tuition fee. Special discount pricing for books, computers and computer equipment is available for all full time and part time students attending classes at NetPLUS College.
For further details regarding the course materials and all required and optional fees related to this program, please speak to your Student Admissions Counselor.
Diploma in Networking
- Duration : 31 Weeks
- Certificates : Yes
A typical full-time annual salary for this career ranges from $30,000 – $60,000